Reiki (pronounced ray-key) is a Japanese term for “Universal Life Force Energy”. It is a healing art that works with the human energy system, which governs the body’s natural resources to heal. Reiki is used as a technique for stress reduction, relaxation, and the promotion of healing. It is administered by “laying of hands” on a fully clothed body, in which life force energy is transmitted through the practitioner’s palms and fingers.
A healthy body and mind requires sufficient energy circulation – if one’s life force energy is low, then we are more likely to get sick or feel stress, if one’s life force energy is high, we are more capable of being happy and healthy. Reiki is therefore used to raise one’s own life force energy or vibration.
Reiki can help:
- reduce stress and tension
- relieve depression
- accelerate healing
- reduce pain
- relieve insomnia
- restore energy and vitality
- stimulate the immune system
- relieve anxiety and panic
- enable emotional balance
- support life changes
- the release of grief, anger, agitation, and fear
- reduce side effects from chemotherapy and radiation treatments
- relieve post traumatic stress disorder symptoms
- support personal growth and self improvement
- improve mental clarity
- support optimal health, inner peace, and well-being
- enable joy and optimism
60 Minute sessions are available or for 75 minutes, you can combine a Reiki session with Life Coaching . Contact Amy for more information at (415) 889-0474.
Please note that while Reiki sessions can assist in these elements, they are not a substitute for care by a licensed health care provider.